Mostly random, with a lot of unfucking. Other things include (but are not limited to): depression, anxiety, fat, feminism, social justice issues, fluffy animals, and fandoms.
1. Thinking It’s Not OK to Talk About It - the only way to bridge the gap and move forward as a more unified society is to talk about it: all of it.
2. Using Culture-Specific Slang to Relate to Other Races
3. Assuming Biracial People Identify More with One Side Than the Other -We’re a society that loves to check off boxes, but the greater challenge is to stop seeing people as shades and start knowing them for who they are.
4. Thinking Race Is Only an Issue for Minorities
5. Using Outdated Terms When Describing Different Races - Black, white, Asian and Latino/a are generally accepted, but when in doubt, how about you just call someone by their actual name
6. Believing Stereotypes (even the positve ones)
7. Thinking Affirmative Action Has Anything to Do With Someone’s Success
8. Assuming One Man’s Success = An Entire Race’s Progress
9. Thinking Cultural Exclusion Is Racism - On the one hand, they are reprimanded for being the majority that alienates all other races. But are minority races guilty of the same exclusion by keeping to themselves? Or is such elective segregation the only way to preserve community and a strong racial identity?
10. Declaring You Are “Colorblind” - It is not a racist stance to see color, but a fact of life. Ignoring it promotes ignorance… You cannot live in this country and not see color. We all need to step out of the naiveté box and stop pretending it really doesn’t exist
You can read the whole article on the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/heather-wood/10-mistakes-white-people-_b_68694.html
when guys are like “Hillary Clinton cant run for president her period will mess things up” first of all what a ridiculous statement second of all SHE IS 66 YEARS OLD DO YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THE FEMALE ANATOMY YOU BUFOON